Matthew D. Taylor
Company of Teachers
Protestant Scholar, The Institute for Islamic, Christian, and Jewish Studies in Baltimore; Ph.D. (Islam and Christianity) Georgetown University; M.A. (Theology) Fuller Theological Seminary; Ruling elder, Georgetown Presbyterian Church
The following are topics and formats the Company members are prepared to offer:
Sunday Morning Adult Education Series or Individual Lectures
- Why the Protestant Reformers Published the Qurʾan
- Building Bridges between Protestants and Muslims
- The History and Complexities of Christian and Islamic Fundamentalism
- The Incarnation and Other Religions: Does God coming as Christ exclude other religions?
- Re-forming Our View of Mary: Finding Protestant and Catholic room for agreement
- The Cross and the Suffering God: How does Christ’s suffering change our view of God?
- The Cross and the Apocalypse: How does the suffering of Jesus show up in some of the New Testament’s most mysterious texts?
- The Cross and the Psalms: Why was Jesus constantly quoting the Psalmic hymnal in the last week of his life?
- Young Adults in the Mainline Church: Living in a time of crisis and opportunity
- Demographics, Mainline Desertion, and the Question of Evangelism
- The Protestant Tradition and the Concept of Vocation
- Can Mainline Protestants Talk about Spiritual Gifts?
Contact Information: [email protected], 667-900-8414